Hawaii Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Action Group needs our volunteers to feel safe, valued and trusted in their support of FASD constituents. As a new nonprofit with some volunteer experience we strive to ensure we match our needs to the volunteer’s interests and expertise while building strong relationships with the people we serve and those within the agency.
Utilizing our values, we need to ensure respect, integrity and collaboration at all levels.
We will also be transparent, encourage professional and personal growth when assigning meaningful projects to build and strengthen their support for the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Communities.
Selection and Screening
Our selection will be based on the following:
- Skills – matching the skills, talents and interpersonal styles of the volunteer to
- Projects/tasks – of interest while creating a volunteer experience for success
- Impact – we want to ensure our volunteers can take pride in meaningful impact for their efforts.
- Screening – our work involves children and families which requires us to ensure we recruit and select volunteers who complete the same screening as our employees to meet the trust of the people we serve.
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older to apply.
Tracking Volunteer Hours
All volunteer hours will be scheduled, tracked, recorded and recognized within our agency’s scorecard along with the valuable funding and support we receive to deliver our charitable services
Mahalo for your interest in FASD Action Group.